Picture This: Coolest Band (Review)



I love finding new music to listen too, and when I stumbled upon new band PictureThis ; I was really excited to listen to something new. The band was no disappointment, if you are into Pop Rock than this is a band to listen too. 

Jimmy Rainsford and Ryan Hennessey are two friends from Kildare, Ireland whom formed a band together a few years ago; and they are amazing sounding. Ryan Hennessey is not only dreamy in the looks department (Jimmy is just as good looking…), but in voice as well. Both boys sing well, and mix together fantastically.

Pair that with love songs, and life songs written by Hennessey. These boys are going places, if not evident by their album going platinum and by selling out arenas on tour. As a thank you, they’re going to be putting out a special edition, deluxe, with even more songs. 

Their album thus far contains 13 wonderfully written tracks, which are sung with heart and intensity. All the boys in the group, Owen Cardiff, Cliffe Dean, Jimmy Rainsford, and Ryan Hennessey are talented young men going to go far. They have already started. I cannot wait to watch them soar even farther.

As far as the tracks go:

Take My Hand – A typical upbeat love song, which will make you feel warm and fuzzy; it seems to be the biggest hit thus far.

Dream – My favorite track on the whole album (this one out at least). A “life” track; which will put you in a better mood just by listening to the smooth melody and the uplifting lyrics that to me seem hopeful. You can lay on your bed, closing your eyes and just feel the song.

You & I – My favorite part to this song is honestly (in my eyes) the music video. A fun love song, but not a typical love song; its honest, raw and not completely sappy.

Addicted To You – If you’re thinking love song, you would be correct. It’s about first meetings, but feeling a connection that is strong, and the reminds me of the perfect “honeymoon” stage of relationship. Bubbly and makes you want to dance around the room. Perfect for what the song is about.

Everything I Need -  A love song: a love song that is pure and honest. Giving in and truly letting others in. A perfect romantic vow.

Jane – A love song that is one of the slowest on the album, but beautiful and sweet.

Never Change – Another love song, that is a bit like “Everything I Need” in the sense that it is a romantic view on being who you are s exactly perfect, pure and honest.

Carry On – I want to call this a love song, mixed with life, but I think it’s more of a infatuation song instead.

Smell Like Him – A sad song that you can feel in the tone. It almost makes me want to cry for the pain (I did not). A love lost.

Let’s Be Young – A bit upbeat mixed with a “chill” vibe. An utter fun song based on life and just as the title suggested, “being young”.  It makes you want to party, but not in a club.

95 – A cute love song that you just want to lay down and listen. It’s sweet and lovely.

Difference – Just a lovely song. Listen. Honestly. Go. Now.

Saviour – Another favorite song of mine. Upbeat, love song, about childhood sweethearts that you can find again. Amazing!!

Take a listen for yourself though, and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the least. If you were going to buy their music (recommended) I would just wait until this Friday when the new one will be out. It will include 2 new tracks, as well as

This Christmas – I adore this song so much. A chill love song, that gives you a bit of a Christmas vibe, but not a heavy one (twinkling lights) and just a hopeful song that is lovely and nice. The choir in the back adds a nice touch to the song as well. Perfect.

If you want to listen to “This Christmas” go to youtube and take a listen. Great timing at the moment too.

I know what I’ll be spending my money on (again).

Also, if you haven’t, do yourself a favor on all social media accounts. It will keep you informed on all new projects and tours that you do not want to miss.

Plus you do not want to miss Ryan Hennessey extraordinary fashion style that to me is amazing. I want him to take me shopping (I’ll buy it haha, just a guide).


UPDATE: The Deluxe album is out now, and these extraordinary band has done it again with only two new songs and "This Christmas". I hope you go and buy it on iTunes and listen on Spotify.

Mind and Body - I think this will become or have become another favorite of mine. It's not a love song in the traditional sense, but it is sensual with a wonderful beat behind it that you just want to sing over and over again.

Gritty Picture - Is such an interesting song, I guess you could characterize it as a love song, but it is more of a tribute to an amazing girl rather than a true love song.

Found this lovely live version of Mind and Body. Listen to it and enjoy it.

A NEW SONG: Been waiting on new music from this band (don't get me wrong, I'm still listening to the songs above on repeat).

This Morning- It's a sad ode to love, and how it flip-flops on what to do once it changes and all the questions that could come with that. Are you we still in love? Is it one-sided? Can we get it back? Etc...it's filled with sadness, but to me there is still a glimmer of hope. Ryan surprises with a lovely higher octave in parts, and Jimmy's harmonizing vocals help give it life. And the music accompany the song brings it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment