Variant Series (Reckoning): Book 4 Review

Jena Leigh newest book is out! It is the fourth book in the series, and the wait for it did not disappoint. If possible, it is even better story. The title is called Reckoning, and it is another perfect title. 

The story takes place back from the past, but keeps roughly the same characters in play, but with a few new friends, namely Brandt. The man whom “tortured” Alex (although it was Sam Masterson wearing Carson Brandt’s face) is now newly minted on the team. While he was in the other books, this one you really get to know him better. You may even change your mind about him, a bit. Declan has now changed, and Alex has more issues than you might have thought possible. She is strong though, and that has never changed through any of the books; though she has grown into her own skin a bit better, so her troubles will only do so much. 
This time, fresh from the past, the Grayson co and friends are in a new home, along with some new faces, and old trying to keep Alex safe, and to keep the world from ending. A familiar “villain” will come into play, and you’ll get a bit of backstory with her as well. Trouble will be had, and time will tell the outcome. It ended on a cliffhanger, but a fantastic twist I did not see coming one bit, and a really extra sad part that I was almost in tears. Great writing on Jena’s part.
If you liked the other books, I recommend this one. If you have not read the others, I suggest you start. I do warn you: you will be addicted to these characters. Once the series end I’ll be sad to see them all go, but I’m excited to see how it will all end, in the end. I just hope it’s not incredibly soon. 

I still see the same characters. One problem though is the actor Brian is all grown up and looks way different. So would need to re-think him if this was made into a movie or series (which I’d be down to watch)...just saying. Netflix. Jena. 

I was going to add in a few new characters, but decided not to for the moment, because in honest, it is hard for me to pinpoint the right actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment